Thursday, September 30, 2010

Promise to my children....

A PROMISE TO MY CHILDREN

I will stalk you,
freak out on you,
lecture you,
drive you crazy,
be your worst nightmare,
embarrass you in front of your friends,
hunt you down like a bloodhound until the day you understand why I do it.
Then I will know you are a responsible adult.
All because I  LOVE  YOU.
You will never find someone who loves you and cares about you more than your mom.



A Mother's Child

 A mother's child is every breath that she takes,
walking hand in hand, they are every step that she makes.

And as their steps will grow to strides,
still a child, in mother's eyes.

Every ache and pain they shall feel,
mother will share and with love she will kneel.

She will pray to God to take care of her child,
to protect and guide them through every mile.

Her child is the very core of her soul,
from baby in arms to an adult they will grow.

For to a mother, her child will stay,
the precious infant she held that day.

4 comments:

  1. I love both of these poems! Both are SO true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these poems and so true of most mothers. We would put our lives on the line to protect them. These words describe exactly the way a true mother feels.

    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These poems are beautiful and so true. What's amazing is that the feelings never go away - no matter what age. My mother-in-law used to tell me that, talk to me about how you never stop worrying no matter how old your children are. She's so right. You feel every ache and pain - and every smile and laugh! I LOVE being a Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was fortunate growing up and experienced many examples when my Mom went to the line to support me. As a Mom of a grown son, I will always feel his pain, disappointment, fear for his safety, and be more exhilarted then he is with his achievements. That's the bond I will always share with him.

    ReplyDelete